Since 2011 Libya has been torn apart by civil war. Today the Libyan Civil War is approaching a dangerous threshold of breaking out into a wider regional war with Turkey, Russia and various European powers taking different sides in the struggle. The breakdown of the Libyan state has already acted as a draw to various extremist groups from ISIS to al-Qaeda. There is also a wider refugee crisis that is operating in the background of the Libyan Civil War.
JB Shreve is joined by Dr. Malachi Nichols and Terrell Spencer in this podcast episode that explains what is happening in the Libyan Civil War.
Additional Reading on the Libyan Civil War:
- Critical Issues & Trends – What Is Happening in Libya
- Libya Is At Risk of Becoming the Site of a Multinational War (Washington Post)
- As Libya Descends Into Chaos, Foreign Powers Look for a Way Out (NYT)
- Libya to Mobilize Citizens After News of Turkish Deployment (Washington Post)
- Libya’s Global Civil War (European Council on Foreign Relations)
- Migrants Detained in Libya for Profits (Guardian)
Subscribe to the End of History podcast to keep track of important events taking place throughout the world today. Inform your faith-based worldview with these fact-based podcast episodes and online explainers.